Tuesday 10 February 2015

Artist Feature - Alison

Today I'm honoured to have lovely Alison as my guest. 
I met Alison last November. She is lovely person and very talented!
I love her projects!  Below you will find a few words from Alison and her amazing projects.

Here you will find her blog.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi, my name is Alison, aka Craftytrog. I live in Kent, on the outskirts of London, with lots of lovely countryside around me which I love, but also near to the wonderful art galleries, concert venues and other delights of London.

I have been crafting since I was little, starting with knitting, crochet & cross-stitch, then a few years ago I discovered rubber stamping, and now it's all about ink, paint and mixed media.

I first discovered Magda's gorgeous stamps back in November, when I met this lovely lady at a class. My vast stamp collection now includes 'Agatha Heart' and 'Agatha Crown', and here are some artworks that I have created with them...


This is a journal page spread that was started at the class where Magda and I met.
Magda's friend Karen let us play with Magda's 'Nina'. I have finally added a few finishing touches to it! Lol! Blue features rather a lot in my art, it's my favourite colour.


Here's a collage style card that I made in December 2014, featuring 'Agatha Heart'.
I used PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint, and the red dots were stamped with a piece of lego. I love to use red with my blue!


And finally, here's the January page that I made for Kate Crane's Art Journal Calendar Challenge. On this page, I featured 'Agatha Crown', and used Fresco Finish Paint and a splat stencil by The Artistic Stamper.
Again, lots of blue! It goes with every colour! :-)

Thank you dear Magda for featuring my art on your blog, and thank you all for visiting. I hope that I've inspired you a little.

Alison xox

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow I will be back with my art journal pages.

Magda x

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous feature with Alison, and wonderful to see some gorgeous projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see Alison here! A talented artist indeed! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison is certainly a hugely talented artist and a lovely person. I love the way that Alison embraces colour, she has a natural flair for working with a bold colour palette.
    It is wonderful to see that my friend's art is being showcased as it deserves such recognition.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to see Alison featured here. I've had the good fortune to meet up with her at craft shows and I love to visit her blog, which is really beautiful and inspirational. I am also grateful to her for suggesting a visit to your blog because I loved taking a peek at your work too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge fan of Alison's too, really fantastic to see her being featured on your blog Magda :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alison and her artwork are such a delight.
    Her creativity and sharing inspire again and again.
    This was a nice chance to visit you and your blog as well.
    Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful creations from Alison - her work is always fabulous.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete